ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddPhotography Blog

Monday, April 28, 2008

What I know NOW about Motherhood

I am going to write a little bit about what I now know about motherhood, which I didn't know before I was a mother.

One of the first thing I learned about motherhood is how paranoid I really can be. This started from the second James was born. Actually it started way before that, let's say, the second I found out I was pregnant. I have actually come to the realization that I will worry for the rest of my life and I am sure that is part of the job description of being a mom. Lucky us!

Another big thing I learned is how you really truly can't understand how much your parents love you until you have your own child. There is no possible way to know this, because until you have a baby you can't even imagine that much love can exist in your heart. But it does. I love you Mom and Dad!

I am going to start a quick list, if I don't this post could probably take about 10 hrs+ to read and that could probably get a little boring by the 8th hour :)

What I have learned about motherhood that I didn't know before I was a mom is:
  • How excited a mom can be about poo, and how you don't really mind if you get a little on you!
  • Your child IS the most beautiful thing that has ever walked on the face of the earth. I was always a little nervous when I was pregnant that my child would come out and maybe not be the cutest 'lil guy. People always told me, "oh no, you will always think your baby is beautiful." I always thought...but what if I don't? Well, that didn't happen. Luckily, I ended up with the cutest child ever created :) (And I am sure you did too!)
  • I can see my mom in myself everyday and I am actually glad. I think she did a damn good job, and I am sure she is crying right now reading this. Sorry Mom!
  • It is a very hard job, but the most rewarding and fun job anyone could ever imagine.
  • You can't plan anything! Especially with a newborn, they say it is best to get on a schedule, well you can throw that out the window along with being on time or early to anything.
  • All of the crazy inventions there are out there for new parents and babies. There are so many wacky contraptions. Don't get me wrong there are some good ones out there, but some you can't help but laugh.
  • How important nap times are.
  • Those child leash things aren't as bad as I originally thought they were. They are actually almost necessary. I always thought that they were so weird and that the moms that used them probably got some weird looks, I can tell you right now that I will probably be one of those moms getting the looks!
  • When the first time your babe kisses you for no reason your breath is literally taken away.
  • That you could write for hours in a blog post about what you know now about motherhood that you didn't know before.
  • Who your true friends are. They are the one that finished reading this novel of a post. Thank you!

This is definatly not a complete list of the trillions of things I have learned about motherhood. Just as much as I could write and think of while James was taking his afternoon nap :)

4 comments:

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

This is a great post, Bridget! You did everything right. I've got you on the list.

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

I forgot to tell you - I redesigned my blog myself. I set up a second site for my business, Feels like home-made .

Anonymous said...

hey hun this was so good. and so true you did a great job, we miss you guys and wish we could come down more, life is just kind of crazy these days if you know what i mean. well love you guys, and you took some great pics. love them.
Love
Tanya & Jayden

Melissa said...

I don't know about your Mom, but I sure am crying. Darn pregnancy hormones!