ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddPhotography Blog

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right

James woke up today and I could tell he was in an artsy type of mood. He was making all sorts of things with his banana, including throwing it at the wall until it stuck. I figured at this point, our day was going to need to involve something a tad artsy. We decided to go to the Franconia Sculpture Park, which is only a few miles from our home. We went early because I had heard it was going to be a warm day. There was no one there, it was really nice. The park is pretty much in the middle of this ginormous field, James could run around all he wanted to. They have some pretty funky stuff there.
This was the first thing we saw, immediately a quote came to mind,
"Poor little kid, I hope she gets home all right."
From the movie The Wizard of Oz. You know the part where she goes and sees Professor Marvell, I think his name is?
Here is James running around in the plastic wrap maze.
This next sculpture is pretty much the main reason Caleb will never go here with me. In his mind he thinks that the whole place must be crap, if they think crap is art :) FYI, I am pretty sure it isn't supposed to be poop!
James running :)
James with the suspended old house in the background
After the sculpture park we stopped by Sarah and Rowans and took a dip in Rowan's pool. They play so well together.



I'm pretty sure it's safe to say that the picture below is going to be one of the pics James will hate me for! But they are so cute playing with the hose nakie!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great! what a fun day, I wish I was there, Love grammyapple

Tara @ Feels Like Home said...

Awesome, awesome, awesome! Your photos are great, and that park looks really fun.

The Neally Family said...

That park looks really interesting. I love that last picture. Really classic with the black and white.

Roxanne said...

That park is weird haha. And the babies are soo cute!

The Garske's said...

That black and white one looks like a famous pic! So freaking cute! I think that big pile of crap could look like something else as well :)

Wayfaring Wanderer said...

Cool, I wish there were a place like that around where I live!

thanks for sharing!