ddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddddPhotography Blog

Saturday, January 30, 2010

Ada Update

My poor sweet Ada. I had previously wrote about Ada's RSV. Well, It only got worse from there. That last post was on Sunday, on Monday morning we went back into the clinic to get a check up on her. The night before she was running a slight fever, just around 100*. She had been having a little bit harder of a time breathing, and she just seemed to be getting worse.

The doctor looked at her and then had the respiratory therapist come in and get her O2. At first when they put the oximeter on her it read 95% or so. The thing kind of fell off so she put it back on. When she put it back on it read 78%! They thought it was wrong, but it didn't seem to move. You could tell they were a bit shocked; as was I. Someone went and got some oxygen and they told me that if her levels went up with the oxygen then the 78% was true and she would need to go to the ER. Well right when they put the O2 on it started to go up. We were going to have to go to the ER. They kept the oxygen on her. The respiratory therapist held her while I gathered up the car seat and all of our stuff. She was standing in the door way just watching Ada. She kind of looked at me and with a concerned face told me that she didn't want to scare me, but thought Ada needed to go to Children's Hospital (Which is about an hour from where I live). Remember that person I talked about in the last post? The blubbering 1st time mom in the fetal position in the corner? THAT would have been holding it together at this point. I was HYSTERICAL. They had to hold me up the whole time we were walking to the ER because they thought I was going to pass out. I am actually surprised I didn't. She was having spells of apnea at this point. They just kept telling me that she was so tired and tried so hard to be healthy and she just couldn't do it anymore. Understand why I was a basket case?

Once we were at the ER there was talk about sending her by helicopter, but the weather wasn't good enough. They were having a team come up from Children's to take her down. I got a hold of Caleb who came up. (THANK YOU SO MUCH SARAH! YOU HAVE NO IDEA HOW THANKFUL I AM!) Caleb and I ended up driving down separately.

When we got to Children's ER she was already there and was all hooked up to oxygen, IVs and a bunch of monitors. They watched her there for a while and decided to admit her. She got another chest x-ray on our way up to her room.

We were there for 4 days. Each day she got a little better. THANK GOD! RSV is going around like crazy right now, and the nurses at the hospital said it is bad this year. They told me that about 70% of the kids at the hospital were there for RSV and they were all little babies. It was so sad walking down the halls looking in the rooms and seeing all of the tiny little coughing babies. Ada's O2 stats finally started to go up on Thursday with little or no oxygen, so they felt comfortable sending her home. She is by no means back to normal, still very stuffy. I am just glad she is OK. That was so scary scary stuff.

We went back to see the doctor yesterday. She is looking OK he said. Her lungs sound really gunky I guess, and now she is at risk for pneumonia. Please everyone keep your fingers crossed that she just keeps getting better from here on out!

She is too cute to be so sick :) ...

She really doesn't want to go back to the doctor. I don't blame her.

The thought of all those cords monitors was enough to make her break down :)

She is just SO happy to be home with her super sweet big brother :)

They could just stare at each other all day.


Breanna said...

Poor Baby Girl =( I hope she is feeling better soon.

OMG that last picture is too cute! I seriously Laughed Out Loud. Your babies are beautiful!

aleelavine said...

I will be thinking about your little girl... praying she gets better soon!

Anonymous said...

Oh my...In spite of all the worrying I have done (with my worry backache) I laughed hard at the end of this post! Thanks Bridgey, Love, MaamaneededthatlaughBAD!

Jenny said...

So sorry you all had to go through that! Glad Ada is feeling better and I'll be praying she keeps getting better and better!

ashleygabiou said...

oh sweetie I hope that she can beat this and not get pneumonia... :( Poor baby girl. I did love the pics of her though.. she is so damn cute !!

The Nielson's said...

I have been waiting for you to post the update. How Scary! I am sorry you had to go through all that and glad she is on her way to recovery. We have kept her and your family in our prayers. We will conmtinue to. Hope she stays on the road to complete health soon!
Scard me because my little guy has a stuffy nose and a random cough...but no fever. Had been debating taking him in....guess I need to head in just in case.
cute pics by the way...she is adorable!

Mike said...

I love the one where she's smiling at James and the stare down! Glad to know she's doing better!

Anonymous said...

my goodness Bridget!!! she is ADORABLE!!!!!! I'm so happy to hear she's starting to get better! how very scary!! praying for her still!


That Nora Girl said...

You guys are all in my thoughts and prayers! I hope Ada gets healthy quickly.